For adult ADHD treatment in Portland, Oregon, look no further than Crestview Recovery. Our clients have access to many treatment options, including cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, holistic therapy, psychotherapy, and family therapy sessions. These treatments can help you exercise control over your ADHD and build skills to improve your relationships, productivity, and quality of life. For more information about our ADHD treatment program or any mental health treatment programs, contact us today by calling 866.262.0531 or visiting us online.
Common ADHD Symptoms in Adults
ADHD can present itself in several different ways, and it can be difficult to identify certain behaviors as influenced by ADHD without an understanding of what to look for. Here are some common ADHD symptoms to look out for:
- Commonly getting distracted. If you notice yourself becoming unable to focus on work or a hobby for an extended amount of time, it could be a sign of ADHD.
- Organizational difficulties. Many people with ADHD find it difficult to keep their spaces organized, even when given opportunities to tidy up.
- Executive dysfunction. For many adults with ADHD, getting up and going isn’t as simple as it seems. If you have difficulty “starting” simple tasks without a good reason, it may be time to seek an ADHD diagnosis.
- Chronic untimeliness. ADHD can make it difficult for many to stay on task and be on time. This doesn’t just include work commitments or things you may be dreading; it can be easy to run late for parties and events you’re looking forward to as well.
- Impulsivity. Adults with ADHD may have trouble controlling impulses or controlling their emotions. You might feel quick to explode in anger.
What to Expect from Adult ADHD Treatment
The most common approach for ADHD treatment in adults involves a combination of medication, talk therapy, and skills training. Many professionals prefer cognitive-behavioral therapy because it lends itself well to boosting self-esteem and daily skills. In talk therapy, though, you can learn to manage your ADHD symptoms more efficiently and practice positive self-talk. Outside of therapy, you will likely be encouraged to practice mindfulness meditation, which can help you let go of negative thoughts about yourself.
Many adults with ADHD also find that group or family therapy can be beneficial in many ways. In a group therapy setting, you will be among others facing the same obstacles that you are. In a family therapy setting, you may find that it’s easier to make relatives understand your symptoms and behaviors.
Crestview Recovery in Portland, Oregon
At Crestview Recovery, we take dual diagnosis treatment seriously. Understanding how your mental health impacts your substance abuse disorder, and vice versa, will give you the agency needed to work harder toward sobriety. We offer excellent and varied mental health treatment to our clients, which will help you reach recovery that lasts. You can rest assured that you’re in good hands with us. To speak with a member of our team about what we can do for you or your loved one, call us today at 866.262.0531.
Crestview Recovery Center is a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center with the experience to help you recover. Our entire staff is dedicated to giving you the care that you need to begin regaining control over your life and start the healing process. Moreover, our caring and understanding staff members are among the most experienced in the field. We believe in a holistic approach to recovery, rather than just using evidence-based methods here.