Oregon is slightly higher than the national average for cases of depression, anxiety, or other mental health disorders, with seven out of 10 adults currently living with a mental health illness. This includes cases of addiction caused by depression, anxiety, or other causes. Fortunately, there are several options for mental health treatment in Portland, OR. Individuals can find the support they need by talking with a behavioral therapist while receiving medication to reduce symptoms of depression, anxiety, and any corresponding addiction withdrawals.
A mental health treatment center in Portland, OR, like Crestview Recovery, offers a safer means of working through depression, PTSD, or other mental health disorders. Individuals will participate in group and private therapy sessions in a comfortable environment that promotes healing and open communication. In cases of severe addiction, medication is used to minimize withdrawals and cravings so clients can focus fully on their recovery. Enrolling in a mental health rehab program in Portland, OR, gives people the skills and confidence necessary to lead a happy and healthy life. Find a treatment center near you today to talk to a trained professional.
Finding Mental Health Treatment in Portland, OR
There is still a large percentage of the population that feel they can treat their depression or anxiety with alcohol or drugs, or a combination of both. Mixing Valium or other opioids with alcohol is common to heighten the effects of the drug and create a euphoric sensation that can be very addicting. Over time, this can cause a strong dependence and addiction and require several weeks of therapy to recover fully.
If you suspect a friend or loved one is struggling with their mental health and using drugs or alcohol to cope, here are some of the signs that indicate they need to find a mental health treatment center in Portland, OR:
- Their symptoms begin to impact work, school, or personal responsibilities.
- You find empty bottles of alcohol, prescription bottles for different people, or drug paraphernalia around the home.
- They are unable to get out of bed in the morning or sleep most of the day.
- You notice they are taking more and more drugs or alcohol over time.
- They often think about suicide or death.
- Friends and family begin showing concern for their well-being.
Finding mental health treatment in Portland is essential if their symptoms lead to self-harming behavior, suicidal thoughts, or they form a strong addiction to the substance of choice.
Why Do You Need Dual Diagnosis Treatment in Portland, OR
When symptoms of PTSD, borderline personality disorder or other mental health illnesses cause an addiction, the best option is to enroll in a dual diagnosis treatment program in Portland, OR. A dual diagnosis or co-occurring disorder treatment focuses on all aspects of the addiction and includes behavioral therapy with medical support.
Here is what a dual diagnosis treatment program will include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – CBT is a proven technique for treating addiction and any corresponding mental health disorder. Clients work closely with a certified behavioral therapist to talk about what led to the addiction so they can begin helping them cope with the negative feelings it created. Clients gain valuable coping skills for managing their symptoms and a healthier outlook on their lives.
- Holistic therapy – Meditation, yoga, and other mindfulness techniques are very beneficial in showing clients the power within them to make real change. It enables them to understand their emotions better and create a calmer self. Other holistic programs include creative writing, animal-assisted therapy, adventure/outdoor therapy, dancing, arts and crafts, and creating music.
- Medication-assisted treatment – To reduce addiction withdrawals and cravings, medical staff will administer medication as part of the treatment program. They will monitor each client for any adverse reactions and make any adjustments necessary to the dosage.
Finding a mental health rehab program in Portland can greatly improve your life by teaching you healthy ways to cope with your feelings without needing to turn to any drugs or alcohol.
Get Help Today at a Mental Health Treatment Program in Portland, Oregon
Mental health treatment in Portland is the best way to stop letting the endless cycle of negative thinking interrupt your day. You will work closely with a behavioral therapist as they get to know you and your unique history. During private and group therapy, you will develop new ways of processing your thoughts and feelings while building healthy relationships with your peers.
Today is the perfect time to find a mental health treatment center near you to ease your symptoms of depression, PTSD, or other mental health disorders.